Articles in people
In a country struggling to rebuild after years of war and strife, the people of Cambodia are working hard to create a future for their families. But recovery has been slow. Nearly half of all Cambodian children are malnourished, and one in eight dies before their fifth birthday, largely due to preventable causes.
In the passing years foreign aid from all over the world have been poured in to help Cambodia recover. Unfortunately, Cambodia is riddled with corruption and little of that money is filtering through to the people who need it the most, the desperately poor.
News in people
Two people are dead after part of the concrete roof of a factory that manufactures Asics shoes in Cambodia collapsed on workers, officials say. Police say at least six people were injured. Occurring weeks after the collapse of an eight-story garment ... catched
THE ceiling of a Cambodian factory that makes Asics sneakers collapsed on workers, killing two people and injuring seven, in the latest accident spotlighting the often lethal safety conditions faced by those toiling in the global garment industry ... catched
The garment industry is Cambodia's biggest export earner, employing about 500,000 people in more than 500 garment and shoe factories. In 2012, the Southeast Asian country shipped more than $4 billion (3.1 billion euros) worth of products to the United ... catched
- Roof collapses at Cambodia factory making Asics shoes
- 3 dead in ceiling collapse at Cambodia shoe factory: minister
- Factory making Asics trainers collapses in Cambodia killing at least two and ...
- Two die after walkway collapses at shoe factory in Cambodia
- Two workers killed in collapse at Cambodia Asics shoe factory
- Cambodia: aftermath of fatal shoe factory collapse – video
- Six dead in Cambodia shoe factory collapse