careers and workarticles, news
Articles in careers and work
Employment in Cambodia is characterized by a large proportion of the labor force that works in informal economic activities (either self-employed or working for non-registered enterprises). Formal sector employment – despite strong growth – remains small: paid employees account for only 25 percent of the workforce, while the remainder are split roughly equally between self-employment and unpaid family labor. There has not yet been an official consensus on how many workers are engaged in informal economic activities, but the Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI) estimated 95 percent were employed by the informal sector in 2000-2001, while the Economic Institute of Cambodia (EIC) estimated 85 percent (ILO, 2006).
News in careers and work
Prince Sisowath Thomico says the ruling party wants to destroy his political career. catched
Cambodians who choose a career in accountancy can have the mobility to live and work in all of the ASEAN countries, the head of the Association of C catched
An unnamed lady, 25, recently quit her job as a karaoke girl to turn her life around. catched
- From war zone to film industry
- Choosing a career can be a tough assignment
- What have you chosen as a career?
- After graduating, what kind of career do you want in agriculture?
- Cash, drugs siphoned off says court
- Put some guppies in the water tank to prevent dengue fever
- Youth of the week: Mea Rathana